Skip to main content

Complacent Christianity



We have our spiritual programs, concerts, and conferences

We have mounted our doctrines, promoted our denominations,
and pushed our preferences

We have booked calendars, busy lives, and countless bibles

We have bumper stickers about faith, T-Shirts with scripture, and
a mass marketed message of the gospel

Yet, there is a steep decline in church attendance, a constant
scorn for holy living, and a growing disdain for one's fellow man

There is confusion over identity, carelessness over eternity, and
an increase of biblical incompetence

Perhaps it is because Christians have sought the favor of man above the fullness of the Spirit

We have heralded our denominational differences, rather than proclaim the gospel to all who will hear it

We mask our fear of complete surrender by hiding in a pew and handing over a tithe

We timidly wade the surface of Christ-likeness rather than willingly take the glorious dive

We must come back to a child-like wonder over God's glory and a humble heart fixed on God's love

We must heed to the words of Christ “Go ye into all the world” and rejoice in the truth that He has OVERCOME.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wondrous One

In a dirty cattle trough lay the desire of nations (Haggai 2:7) Born in a lowly town, surrounded by livestock(Micah 5:2) Such an entrance would seem rooted in utter humiliation. Yet, this glorious scene invokes worldwide wonder! To announce the coming of the King of Kings, Angels would sing to common shepherds. Prophets questioned and angel's marveled, but none could comprehend (1 Peter 1:12) That the simplicity, the sorrow, the promise of suffering, and death Would somehow be part of the splendor of God's loving plan. So that mankind, filled with darkness and decay, Would soon be filled with holy light and experience spiritual victory.

Wanderers

One night I dreamed of a massive crowd aimlessly wandering through an empty town I tried to stop several people as they passed by But they paid me no heed, as If deaf and blind Finally I happened upon a somber, yet curious lad He asked me, “What brings you to the Town of Misled?” I said, “I'm not sure how I got here, nor for what reason.” “Well then” The boy smirked without hesitation “You're in good company alright, for we are all met with the same plight. Our vision is impaired, our understanding is empty. Indeed we are stuck in endless mediocrity.” Once more I looked around at all the hollow expressions Then stared back at the tattered boy with deep compassion “What can I do to help you and all of these poor souls? Perhaps some money for food, a strong education, and fine clothes?” The boy began to cry, while shaking his head “You don't get it sir, we already have plenty we possess. Our needs lie not in material wealth and f...

WORLDCLASS SCRUTINIZERS

Lord willing, I will continue to post the "letters of Madam Darkshade", but for now, I am posting something I wrote a few days ago regarding criticism and scrutiny. Romans 14:1-3 , “ Welcome people who are weak in faith, but don't get into an argument over differences of opinion. Some people believe that they can eat all kinds of food. Other people with weak faith believe that they can eat only vegetables. People who eat all foods should not despise people who eat only vegetables. In the same way, the vegetarians should not criticize people who eat all foods, because God has accepted those people (GWT).” 1 Corinthians 13:7a, “Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person... (AMP)” We have lost the art of giving someone the benefit of the doubt. In today's society, perhaps even more in the church, people have become avid critics. At some point in life, we all experience both sides of the ju...