Skip to main content

Wanderers

One night I dreamed of a massive crowd
aimlessly wandering through an empty town
I tried to stop several people as they passed by
But they paid me no heed, as If deaf and blind

Finally I happened upon a somber, yet curious lad
He asked me, “What brings you to the Town of Misled?”
I said, “I'm not sure how I got here, nor for what reason.”
“Well then” The boy smirked without hesitation

“You're in good company alright,
for we are all met with the same plight.
Our vision is impaired, our understanding is empty.
Indeed we are stuck in endless mediocrity.”

Once more I looked around at all the hollow expressions
Then stared back at the tattered boy with deep compassion
“What can I do to help you and all of these poor souls?
Perhaps some money for food, a strong education, and fine clothes?”

The boy began to cry, while shaking his head
“You don't get it sir, we already have plenty we possess.
Our needs lie not in material wealth and fame,
nor in some garbled philosophy of man.
We need someone to guide us into the light
and teach us true wisdom and right.

These wanderers were once children too
They needed someone to teach them God's truth
Someone to take the time to love
Who would be a refuge when times became tough

However, their parents only cared for financial gain
They were blinded by worldly success and the pride of man
So as their children grew, their hopes slowly faded away,
because they had no one to spiritually imitate.”

“My boy!” I cried, “Do not worry anymore.
I will be there for you in the sunshine and the storms.
I will strive to follow Christ continually
so that you might see His light shining in me.”

We embraced, while weeping with joy
Somehow my heart was full, because of this boy
He then said to me, “This is all we need.”
And with that I awoke from my dream.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wondrous One

In a dirty cattle trough lay the desire of nations (Haggai 2:7) Born in a lowly town, surrounded by livestock(Micah 5:2) Such an entrance would seem rooted in utter humiliation. Yet, this glorious scene invokes worldwide wonder! To announce the coming of the King of Kings, Angels would sing to common shepherds. Prophets questioned and angel's marveled, but none could comprehend (1 Peter 1:12) That the simplicity, the sorrow, the promise of suffering, and death Would somehow be part of the splendor of God's loving plan. So that mankind, filled with darkness and decay, Would soon be filled with holy light and experience spiritual victory.

WORLDCLASS SCRUTINIZERS

Lord willing, I will continue to post the "letters of Madam Darkshade", but for now, I am posting something I wrote a few days ago regarding criticism and scrutiny. Romans 14:1-3 , “ Welcome people who are weak in faith, but don't get into an argument over differences of opinion. Some people believe that they can eat all kinds of food. Other people with weak faith believe that they can eat only vegetables. People who eat all foods should not despise people who eat only vegetables. In the same way, the vegetarians should not criticize people who eat all foods, because God has accepted those people (GWT).” 1 Corinthians 13:7a, “Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person... (AMP)” We have lost the art of giving someone the benefit of the doubt. In today's society, perhaps even more in the church, people have become avid critics. At some point in life, we all experience both sides of the ju...