Skip to main content

Marriage Madness




As another week turns the page of my life’s story, I am reminded of a recent article from Yahoo.com that left a burden on my heart and a headache in my mind (Of course, there are many articles on Yahoo that leave me feeling this way). However, this one left me wondering whether such an ideological farce would invade the American courts. I found a similar article, not from yahoo, but it conveys the same idea. There is an interesting video above that relates to the article below. The video reveals what this man, who deals with many divorce cases, thinks about the whole idea in Mexico (By the way, this guy hits the nail right on the head).

 Villa Juarez, Mexico -- Mexico is considering allowing temporary marriages.  A proposed ordinance in Mexico City would allow engaged couples to decide how long their marriage will last.
More traditional couples could still choose "till death do us part."  But those who don't expect to stay married forever... Could set an end date of as little as two years.  After that, they could choose to renew their marriage.
The bill is designed to reduce painful and costly divorces, by letting marriages end easily and outlining child custody and property agreements beforehand.... You can find this full article on http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/193805/1/Mexico-City-Considers-Allowing-Temporary-Marriages

Apart from such a notion being completely against God's desires and design, here are other reasons I have written down to show why this would not work or be morally right!
 
1)      Flippancy in marriage
2)      Lack of responsibility
a.       The fact that there is a number with “freedom” from marriage in mind
b.      The view that marriage is a “what can I get out of it” mentality
3)      Distorted view of love
a.       Love is seen as not some Grand, Noble Commitment, but a Small, Negotiable Contract
                                                               i.      Guy: Hey, what about two years? I can give you that much of a promise.
                                                             ii.      Girl: No, are you serious? What if I have a baby?! Make it 5 years.
                                                            iii.      Guy: Sheesh, five years. That is a long time. I mean nobody sticks together that long anymore. I’ll give you 3 years and I’ll throw in 1,000 bucks, if we have a kid.
                                                           iv.      Girl: Deal! Besides, I can simply abort an unwanted baby.
b.      Love is based on minute feelings and different circumstances, not faithfulness and choice
4)      Destruction of what Marriage, for countless ages, throughout history has been upheld as (apart from strange dealings of certain, unusual paganistic traditions) marriage has been viewed as an attempt for life.
5)      Disastrous for children and for the spouses
a.       Though people say divorce is hard on everyone, how much worse for a child who has had 5 stepfathers in 10 years, because his mother seeks just 2 year commitments or a girl has 5 different half-siblings.
The only reasons for such a foolish idea is not dealing with the hassle of divorce and blindly thinking that the children will have an easier experience. How easy would it be to know that your Father has only had a term contract with your mother for 5 years and that it is so easy for him to leave you and your family! Whoever came up with or supports this type of marriage contract idea is revealing cowardice, laziness, and foolishness.
b.      Rather than fighting for a special marriage that will yield, in time, much satisfaction, the spouses will be completely shallow, critical, and lazy thus reaping only suffering and hardship.

 God bless and remember that God's Word isn't Outdated, it's Outstanding. It isn't Mythical, it's Marvelous. It is not Illogical, but Imperatively Practical. It is not Pointless, but Powerful. It isn't Anti-Science, but Anti-Sin. It's Challenging and Comforting. It's Holy and Helpful. It's a Sword to the Stubborn Sinner and Sustenance to the Seeking Saint. Praise God for His precious Word!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wondrous One

In a dirty cattle trough lay the desire of nations (Haggai 2:7) Born in a lowly town, surrounded by livestock(Micah 5:2) Such an entrance would seem rooted in utter humiliation. Yet, this glorious scene invokes worldwide wonder! To announce the coming of the King of Kings, Angels would sing to common shepherds. Prophets questioned and angel's marveled, but none could comprehend (1 Peter 1:12) That the simplicity, the sorrow, the promise of suffering, and death Would somehow be part of the splendor of God's loving plan. So that mankind, filled with darkness and decay, Would soon be filled with holy light and experience spiritual victory.

Wanderers

One night I dreamed of a massive crowd aimlessly wandering through an empty town I tried to stop several people as they passed by But they paid me no heed, as If deaf and blind Finally I happened upon a somber, yet curious lad He asked me, “What brings you to the Town of Misled?” I said, “I'm not sure how I got here, nor for what reason.” “Well then” The boy smirked without hesitation “You're in good company alright, for we are all met with the same plight. Our vision is impaired, our understanding is empty. Indeed we are stuck in endless mediocrity.” Once more I looked around at all the hollow expressions Then stared back at the tattered boy with deep compassion “What can I do to help you and all of these poor souls? Perhaps some money for food, a strong education, and fine clothes?” The boy began to cry, while shaking his head “You don't get it sir, we already have plenty we possess. Our needs lie not in material wealth and f...

WORLDCLASS SCRUTINIZERS

Lord willing, I will continue to post the "letters of Madam Darkshade", but for now, I am posting something I wrote a few days ago regarding criticism and scrutiny. Romans 14:1-3 , “ Welcome people who are weak in faith, but don't get into an argument over differences of opinion. Some people believe that they can eat all kinds of food. Other people with weak faith believe that they can eat only vegetables. People who eat all foods should not despise people who eat only vegetables. In the same way, the vegetarians should not criticize people who eat all foods, because God has accepted those people (GWT).” 1 Corinthians 13:7a, “Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person... (AMP)” We have lost the art of giving someone the benefit of the doubt. In today's society, perhaps even more in the church, people have become avid critics. At some point in life, we all experience both sides of the ju...