Skip to main content

Go and Tell

Go and make disciples is the Master's call

Go and tell the world that He is Lord of all

Don't just sit idly by, while you wait for His return

Don't be like a Jonah, anticipating the world to burn

A true believer will proclaim the news of God's salvation

A true believer humbly wears the scars of persecution

To magnify the name of Christ and redeem the time

To invest for eternity and shine His glorious light

So why do we rarely seek for ways to spread God's Word

Why is it that our speech is only filled with politics, fashion, or sports

Why do we fight and toil when it comes to making money

But grumble and trudge around when it comes to witnessing

Do we really believe what God said is true?

Perhaps, we want to “have our cake and eat it too”

We must learn that to be a disciple is to bear the cross of Christ

To further the gospel through a holy testimony and a faithful life

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Wondrous One

In a dirty cattle trough lay the desire of nations (Haggai 2:7) Born in a lowly town, surrounded by livestock(Micah 5:2) Such an entrance would seem rooted in utter humiliation. Yet, this glorious scene invokes worldwide wonder! To announce the coming of the King of Kings, Angels would sing to common shepherds. Prophets questioned and angel's marveled, but none could comprehend (1 Peter 1:12) That the simplicity, the sorrow, the promise of suffering, and death Would somehow be part of the splendor of God's loving plan. So that mankind, filled with darkness and decay, Would soon be filled with holy light and experience spiritual victory.

Wanderers

One night I dreamed of a massive crowd aimlessly wandering through an empty town I tried to stop several people as they passed by But they paid me no heed, as If deaf and blind Finally I happened upon a somber, yet curious lad He asked me, “What brings you to the Town of Misled?” I said, “I'm not sure how I got here, nor for what reason.” “Well then” The boy smirked without hesitation “You're in good company alright, for we are all met with the same plight. Our vision is impaired, our understanding is empty. Indeed we are stuck in endless mediocrity.” Once more I looked around at all the hollow expressions Then stared back at the tattered boy with deep compassion “What can I do to help you and all of these poor souls? Perhaps some money for food, a strong education, and fine clothes?” The boy began to cry, while shaking his head “You don't get it sir, we already have plenty we possess. Our needs lie not in material wealth and f...

WORLDCLASS SCRUTINIZERS

Lord willing, I will continue to post the "letters of Madam Darkshade", but for now, I am posting something I wrote a few days ago regarding criticism and scrutiny. Romans 14:1-3 , “ Welcome people who are weak in faith, but don't get into an argument over differences of opinion. Some people believe that they can eat all kinds of food. Other people with weak faith believe that they can eat only vegetables. People who eat all foods should not despise people who eat only vegetables. In the same way, the vegetarians should not criticize people who eat all foods, because God has accepted those people (GWT).” 1 Corinthians 13:7a, “Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person... (AMP)” We have lost the art of giving someone the benefit of the doubt. In today's society, perhaps even more in the church, people have become avid critics. At some point in life, we all experience both sides of the ju...